When it comes to power wash, different people have different needs. But there’s no secret that the higher the power, the better the results. And that a gas pressure washer is more likely to tackle tough jobs, especially when it has at least 3000 PSI. For all these reasons and not only, we’d like to put under scrutiny the WEN PW31 3100 PSI model. It’s been on the market for some time and genuine feedback started to come. Let’s see how it looks and how it really works…
Pressure (PSI) - 80%
Flow Rate (GPM) - 76%
Power - 80%
Brand - 85%
Customers Reviews - 86%
WEN PW31 is a well designed pressure washer with more than decent performances
WEN PW31 3100 PSI engine
Most buyers are eager to know more about the engine, particularly how many cubic centimeters it has. That’s because the CC defines not just the engine size, but also the combustion chamber’s volume and, therefore, the power. And with this WEN PW31 3100 PSI gas pressure washer, we’re talking about 3100 pounds per square inch. Considering that most units designed for heavier residential tasks boast anything between 2,000 and 2,900 PSI… Let’s just say that 3100 PSI is a starting point for professional pressure washers. Which is great!
To give you a clear image, this is a 208 CC OHV 4-stroke engine with a single-cylinder design and forced air cooling. It works with a splash lubrication system and carries a 0.9-gallon fuel tank and a 15.3 fl. oz. oil tank. Ideally, it needs fuel of 87 octanes, minimum, and 10W-30 oil.
The maximum pressure of 3100 PSI coupled with the 2.5 GPM maximum flow sustained by the axial pump… That would give the WEN PW31 3100 PSI a cleaning power of 7750 units. Again, it really looks very good. To turn this gas pressure washer on, you’ll use the recoil starter and the On/Off switch, taking care of a few details…
- Never mix oil with gasoline;
- Never use leaded gasoline;
- Don’t use old gasoline;
- Avoid letting dirt or water access the fuel tank;
- Avoid letting gasoline in the tank for extended periods of time.
Starting failed from the first pull? It shouldn’t be the case, but if the WEN PW31 3100 PSI plays you this trick… You must take the time and spray the wand first. This will result into releasing the pressure, a stage after which you can try to start it once again.
Other features of WEN PW31 3100 PSI
The next essential thing after the engine of a gas pressure washer is the pump. We already mentioned that you have an axial cam pump and that it can handle a water flow of 2.5 gallons per minute. But here are all the other parts that are making this WEN PW31 3100 PSI unit a blast:
- Includes five quick connect nozzles: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and a separate tip for soap;
- Comes with a 30-foot reinforced hose, at 5/16 inches in diameter, that keeps its firm shape and supports extended range;
- It also features a 42-inch quick-connect spray lance, with M22 threaded connections (gun to lance and gun to hose);
- At the bottom of the unit, it includes an onboard soap tank of 32 oz;
- At the top of the unit, it features an onboard support to roll up the hose.
WEN PW31 3100 PSI design features
For a gas pressure washer, the WEN PW31 3100 PSI is not nearly as bulky as you would expect it to be. The package you’ll get will include, aside from the unit itself…
- The spray gun and the extension wand (of course, with its quick-connect fitting);
- The upper and the lower spray gun hooks and the accessory hook;
- 5 spray nozzles and their dedicated nozzle cleaner;
- WEN PW31 high-pressure hose;
- The rubber foot that will support the frame;
- The operator’s manual together with the engine manual, the product registration card, and a quick start guide.
Putting together all the parts of this WEN PW31 3100 PSI model is where you start to appreciate the practical design. You will have to:
- Attach the foot assembly – connect the rubber foot to the frame from the base of the unit;
- Install the handle – insert the upper frame into the lower frame;
- Attach the upper and the lower gun hooks;
- Attach the spray gun;
- Add engine oil and gasoline;
- Take it out and connect the garden hose to your pressure washer;
- Connect the high-pressure hose to the pump and start the work.
Did everything go as smooth as expected? Then, the 67 pounds and 40 x 21 x 21 inches WEN PW31 3100 PSI will be sitting on its 12-inch wheels in no time.
Prepare yourself to enjoy the:
- Solid tires that move easily through all kinds of tough terrains;
- Well-balanced body that doesn’t tip over like with other models;
- 5 nozzles (not just 4), with onboard storage and dedicated slots for each of them;
- 30-feet hose (not the average 25-feet);
- Fuel shut-off valve, a real help when it comes to turning it off without leaving fuel in the carburetor;
- The spray lance with lockable trigger;
- Cord-free operation.
If the WEN PW31 3100 PSI is your first gas pressure washer, remember that turning it on would require to:
- Switch the fuel valve to the On position;
- Slide the choke lever to the Choke position;
- Turn the engine On/Off switch to the On position;
- Hold it with one hand and pull the recoil handle;
- Let the engine run and warm up for a few seconds;
- Gradually slide the choke lever to the RUN position.
Ease of use and noise
The above-mentioned design details of the WEN PW31 3100 PSI speak for its ease of use. To do a short recap, it’s a light unit and sits on comfy wheels. It is easy to assemble and easy to move around, thanks to the cord-free operation. And with the quick-change nozzles, adjusting to various tasks will be a breeze. On the other hand, as a gas pressure washer, it requires some extra maintenance and care steps. Draining the water and soap after each use, even the fuel, when you’re planning to take a longer break, is a must. And so is checking the oil before each use.
As far as the noise level is concerned, WEN PW31 3100 PSI has a noise rating of 63 dB at 22 feet. For comparison, conversations in restaurants or offices and even an air conditioning unit at 100 feet would boast around 60 dB. So, it is safe to assume that it’s not very loud either!
WEN PW31 3100 PSI customer reviews
Searching for feedback on the WEN PW31 3100 PSI, there are a lot of positive things that you’ll hear. Most of them relate to the following:
- It is well-constructed and intuitive to assemble;
- It starts without issues and does the job it’s intended to do;
- The big wheels are a real aid and the wand is comfortable;
- And all in all, its great features come at a fair price.
The negatives of the WEN PW31 3100 PSI had to do with a design flaw of the soap tank. It used to leak but it seems it has been solved by the manufacturer. And some users complain about the instructions for adding oil. Some made the mistake of tipping the gas pressure washer on one side after adding the oil. And once it entered into the combustion cylinder, it caused them a lot of problems… Finally, there were some isolated reviews of the unit not working but the positive feedback is pretty much shadowing all these.
Pros and cons of this gas pressure washer
- Powerful and easy to work with;
- Quite a silent operation mode;
- Hassle-free, thanks to the cordless design;
- Handy to push or pull on any terrain;
- Accessible and easy to change nozzles;
- Convenient 32 fl. oz. onboard soap tank;
- Smart and well-balanced designed that gives stability;
- Extended foot hose for extended range;
- Collapsible handle, for easier storage;
- Decent warranty and purchase price.
- No electric start, only pull start with classic recoil;
- No PSI adjustment, requires manual change of the quick connect nozzles;
- Asks for periodic maintenance and rigorous cleanup after each use;
- Works with cold water alone, up to a maximum of 100F;
- Not carb compliant, so it cannot be used in California;
- No automatic choke, requiring manual handling of the choke while letting the engine warm up.
WEN PW31 3100 PSI warranty terms
With the WEN PW31 3100 PSI intended for residential use, it has a 2-year limited warranty. This warranty will drop down to 90 days from the date of the original purchase if used for commercial purposes. And the policy does not apply to accessories subjected to wear and tear.
To claim any defect in material or workmanship, a buyer would have to keep the receipt, as a proof of purchase. Moreover, mailing the product registration card to the seller is required before getting directions.
The toll-free Customer Service number at (800) 232-1195 is yet another great starting point for discussing any aspect subjected to warranty.
You wanted a gas pressure washer to be sure that your cleaning chores won’t be a torture. With the WEN PW31 3100 PSI won’t be the case, without a doubt. If you take into account everything we’ve detailed above and all the positive feedback it enjoys, you know the answer. WEN PW31 3100 PSI may very well be your next gas pressure washer!