There are very many different types of pressure washers out there that differ on various platforms. Some are gas powered while some are electricity powered. This comparison article has narrowed down to two electricity powered pressure washers which are the AR BLUE CLEAN AR383 (click HERE to check the price on amazon.com) and Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI (click HERE to check the price on amazon.com). These are two pressure washers with incredible performances and are quite affordable as well. They also have incredible features that will amaze you as a user. These pressure washers are suitable for almost all domestic household cleaning chores.
(click for info)
(click for info)
Motor and Power rating of Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer
The Sun Joe SPX3000 is powered using a powerful 14.5 Amp 1800 Watt electric motor which makes it deliver the required amount of power. The motor used reduces the noise levels dramatically making this pressure very quiet and can be used almost everywhere.
Powered by the electric motor, this pressure washer delivers a very powerful jet of water at a pressure of 2030psi (pounds per square inch) as well as 1.76 GPM. The pressure of the water is somehow lower when compared to that produced by gas-powered pressure washers as it uses electricity. This pressure though is sufficient to take care of all the ordinary cleaning jobs. A reviewer was quoted saying that it packs so much power for its relatively smaller size and sleek design.
Motor and Power rating of AR Blue Clean AR383
The power used to operate this pressure washer is drawn from a 120 volts, 11-ampere universal induction electric motor which gives it an incredible amount of power. This motor provides a power rating of approximately 1.5HP. Together with the Triplex 3 Axial piston pump; this pump provides all the power you might just need. The motor operates with the minimum noise levels making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor uses.
The power given by this washer is extremely high compared to its small compact size. This washer delivers water pressure at a maximum value of 1900 pounds per square inch (PSI) as well as a maximum volume of 1.5 GPM. When compared to the ordinary garden hose, this is roughly 30 times more pressure. For effective high-pressure cleaning, attaching a variable spray lance and switching the spray pattern to a concentrated high-pressure jet from a wide fan by just rotating the nozzles is possible. Use the Turbo Lance for tougher jobs which will effectively increase the cleaning power by around 50% by producing a pulsating rotating high-pressure spray. With this pressure, all your household cleaning tasks will be taken care of. However because this machine uses electricity to operate, it delivers a slightly lower power levels as compared to the gas driven pressure washers making it unsuitable for commercial or industrial cleaning tasks.
Ease of use and the noise levels on the Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer
This pressure washer is very easy to use. All you need to do is pushing a button to get is started, unlike the gas powered pressure washers where you could encounter some trouble with the starters while starting. How to operate this washer is very straight forward, all one needs to do is to follow the simple steps in the user manual to operate it even if you are a beginner. This pressure washer is very light in weight, coupled with the two wheels, its portability has highly been increased and is capable of accessing every corner of the house. It is very simple to change the nozzles; it has an extra-long power cable as well as a long high-pressure hose adding to its flexibility. With such a very long power cord as well as pressure hose, it is very simple to carry out cleaning operations in the backyard as well as the driveway.
It produces minimum noise because it is driven using electricity, more so when compared to other gas powered pressure washers. Even though it gives an incredible 2030 PSI of water pressure, the noise levels accompanied with such pressure is almost negligible. This machine is nearly noiseless except when the water jets hit the surface at an incredibly high pressure.
Ease of use and noise of the AR Blue Clean AR383
This is yet another machine that can be handled with a lot of ease and you can be sure to be in control from the start to end of the cleaning operation. Starting up this machine is very simple and only involves pushing a button. Due to the light weight of the machine, dragging it along needs so little effort. With the two-wheeled trolley, its manoeuvrability has never been this easy. Assembling the entire unit from the box to securing the hoses and changing of the connections is very simple. There is just a single challenge posed because of the hard plastic material that has been used for the hose which normally coils upon itself instead of reeling back on the hose storage reel. Maintaining the stability of this machine on a terrain that is not even is quite a challenge too.
This unit is noiseless. The electric motor provides the required power accompanied by almost negligible noise levels. This makes this machine to be perfect for indoor use. Most reviewers were very happy with this machine’s noise levels with one saying that this machine could be operated at night and have no worries of waking up your neighbours.
Pros of the Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer
The pressure washer has the following major advantages associated with it:
- Avails the best safety mechanism for the users. This Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer avails the Total Stop System (TSS) technology meaning that when its trigger is not connected to the hose adapter, the pump will automatically stop.
- The presence of a lot of convenient features for the users. This machine has very many convenient features to make its operation so smooth for the user. They include the five spray nozzles, the very long power cables and high-pressure hose pipes adding to the machine’s flexibility. The presence of the onboard detergent tanks allows one to switch quickly and use the appropriate soap as required by the nature of the job.
- The Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer has two wheels which when combined with its lightweight make sure it is easily portable and can be dragged with less effort. The machine is prevented from slipping by the wheels which offer a greater grip.
- This Sun Joe SPX3000 pressure washer has an 1800 watts motor which enables it to provide enough cleaning power. Coupled with a power rating of above 2030 PSI water pressure, it never disappoints when it comes to cleaning.
- This machine is virtually noiseless. It does not emit any exhaust fumes as is the case with the gas powered pressure washers and therefore it ensures the user does not inhale those toxic gases. This makes it perfect for indoor as well as outdoor operations.
- Because the nozzles clean a very small area at a time, the users may need to spend a lot of time when trying to clean larger areas.
- The machine comes with no instructions on how it is assembled and therefore it all depends on the user to figure out how to carry out the assembly process.
- The connections are made of plastics. The plastics are less durable and could leak as time goes by. It is advisable that brass fittings could be used to salvage the situation.
- Since this machine is designed primarily for lighter household cleaning tasks, one might need to work for very many hours trying to clean very tough stains. At some point, one might even need to use another different pressure washer.
Pros of AR BLUE CLEAN AR383
Here are some of the positive things that you are bound to love concerning this pressure washer
- It easily operated. It is very simple to operate this pressure washer. Armed with a user manual, even less experienced people could confidently and comfortably operate this washer.
- This washer has a two-wheeled trolley and is very light in weight. This makes the washer to be easily moved in the house with the best manoeuvrability ever.
- Great power output. Being that this is a small power washer, being able to provide a water pressure of 1900 PSI is just so incredible.
- This pressure washer increases its versatility by coming with a lot of accessories that allows it to be used for very many jobs. By choosing the right attachment, even the very tough stains can be permanently removed in just minutes.
- The durability of this pressure washer is amazing.
- Leakages: This is the greatest disadvantage linked with this pressure washer. The leakages result because of using a plastic hose adapter to connect the hose to the AR Blue Clean AR383 Pressure Washer. This problem could be eliminated by using brass fittings.
- The hose storage reel: The conventional reeling method is very tedious and wastes time. The hose could easily tangle and at times becomes very stiff.
These are two great pressure washers that are powered using electricity. They perform extremely well and have very fantastic features. These pressure washers outdo each other in their different features but are almost in the same class. Different users have different requirements and therefore it is for the users to choose the one that best suits their requirements. These pressure washers are destined to offer you a longer service life while fulfilling your routine cleaning needs.