Need a commercial-grade pressure washer and don’t know which one to choose. Here is a genuine review on the above named gasoline pressure washers to help you make the right decision on the one that really suits you.
Main features to consider:
Engine and power.
The engines fitted in these pressure washers make them the most powerful and are suitable for commercial-grade type of cleaning. Pressure Pro E4040HC heavy duty pressure washer features a very powerful 13 horsepower (HP) Honda GX390 engine. This four-stroke gasoline engine is designed to give more power at a much quiet performance for the washing machine. The efficiency has further been increased to ensure there is lower fuel consumption and lower emissions. All the components on the engine are high quality and hence durability of the unit is assured. It is easy to start as stated by most of the reviewers through the push-button electric start. It is coupled to one of the best pumps, the CAT brand Triplex plunger. It is CARB compliant and thus the emissions are to allowable levels.
Generac 6565 on the other hand features a gasoline engine that is crafted by Generac themselves. This engine has a displacement capacity of 420cc. The OHV horizontal shaft engine is designed to give the best performance when it comes to cleaning. It is specifically equipped with a low-oil shutdown sensor to ensure the engine does not run on insufficient oil. The unit also features a professional grade Triplex pump with ceramic coated pistons for a lasting durability. The triplex pumps are known to last more than the axial cam pumps; some reviewers saying they can last for as long as four times. Unfortunately it is not CARB compliant and some places have restrictions to the use of this unit.
The power given by both pressure washers is incredible. At pressures ranging above 3300 PSI, they are commercial grade pressure washers and have a high GPM. They both feature commercial grade engines and durable components to go through the daily toughest cleaning tasks. Pressure Pro E4040HC pressure washer has a water pressure of up to 4000 PSI (pounds per square inch). At this pressure, it has a volumetric flow rate of 4 GPM (gallons per minute). It delivers a cleaning speed of 16000 cleaning units. As the figures show, it is pretty powerful gas pressure washer that will get even the most stubborn of stains removed in a matter of minutes.
Generac 6565 is capable of producing a water pressure of up to 4200 PSI. The volumetric flow rate is at 4 GPM. With such level of torque and power, any tough stains or dirt immediately disappear when the pressurized water is sprayed on.
How well are these pressure washers suited for their job. With Pressure Pro E4040HC, the 13 horsepower GX390 Honda engine is coupled to the well-known pump, the CAT Brand Triplex Plunger to give an incredible water pressure of 4200 PSI and a flow rate of 4 GPM. It has professional quality gun/ward assembly with five quick connect nozzles (0, 15, 25, 40 degrees and a chemical application nozzle) which increase the versatility of this unit. The steel reinforced high pressure hose is 50 ft. to give a wider area of cleaning. From the revolutionary Aircraft grade Aluminium frame, the component is made lightweight which together with the two wheels increase the mobility of this unit. With the adjustable pressure unloader, one can set the pressure according to the nature of the task being done.
With Generac 6565, it features a powerful 12.3 HP Generac 420cc OHV engine and a high performance AR Triplex plunger pump to give a water pressure of up to 4200 PSI and flow rate of 4 GPM with 16800 cleaning units. It has five quick-click nozzle tips for a variety of cleaning tasks needs. The welded steel frame has a folding handle that rotates forward for compact storage and transport. It also features a 50 ft. high pressure hose to cover a wide area without the need to move the unit around.
Pros and cons of these two pressure washers
With Pressure Pro E4040HC, here are some of the things you will like about it:
- The makers of this pressure washer did not miss out on any single component. It has been crafted from high quality materials and there are zero complaints about the shipping, customer service or even breakage on the hoses.
- With the powerful, reliable and quite silent Honda engine and equally powerful pump, one is sure to get maximum value from this pressure washer. The brands from which various components are made are known and trusted among users and are not only designed for efficiency but durability as well.
- Versatility: this unit is applicable in almost all kind of cleaning jobs, either for domestic or commercial purposes. Having the adjustable pressure unloader and other various quick connect nozzles, one can use it for cleaning tasks that range from low pressure to high pressure needs.
Advantages of Generac 6565 pressure washer
- This pressure washer comes with a high performing, easy to start and a smooth operating 420cc OHV engine from the Generac themselves. This engine has been designed to not only give an effective performance but also last longer.
- With a 50 ft. hose, it gives a sufficient length to enable the users to cover a wider area without having to drag the unit from one place to another.
- A great feature that is unique to Generac pressure washers is that the water pressure can be adjusted with a mere turn of a dial. It is very versatile and well suited to tackle a variety of cleaning tasks, ranging from low pressure to high pressure needs.
- The triplex pump installed in this unit is the best for commercial pressure washers this size. It is not only easily accessible but also improves the longevity of the pressure washer through the heat dissipation it offers.
- The two oversized pneumatic tires give a high traction with the ground. Together with the welded frame onto which the engine and the pump are mounted, it gives good stability to the machine. These two also increase the mobility of the unit as well as the manoeuvrability.
- It is very powerful as it can raise the water pressures up to 4200 PSI and a flow rate of 4 GPM. With such combination, it removes even the most stubborn of stains within seconds and is appropriate for commercial purposes.
Here are some of the disadvantages of Pressure Pro E4040HC
- The unit lacks a hose reel for one to place the hose once done using the pressure washer.
- Although there is a user’s guide provided for the maintenance of the engine, the same lacks for the pump’s operation and maintenance.
- The unit is quite expensive and feels like it costs way higher for most pressure washers within its class.
Disadvantages of Generac 6565 pressure washer
- Some customers have complained of damaged packaging. However, this seems to be a problem with the shipping company and not the unit itself.
- Sometimes it is inconvenient when starting the engine. Users are forced to hold down the trigger and pull the recoil cord at the same time. The frame is poorly located as far as the recoil starter position is concerned.
- This unit is a bit larger and taller than most other pressure washers and thus quite cumbersome to move it over extended periods of time.
- Generac engine is a bit loud, and does not run as smooth as their counterpart from Honda.
- There have been reports of fuel leakages from this unit.
If you are looking for a product from a reliable brand, here are two pressure washers that are the real deal to you. With engines capable of generating very high torque for pressurized water to remove all kind of stains on any surface, Pressure Pro E4040HC or Generac 6565 is the ultimate solution to your cleaning problem. Businesses, commercial establishments or individuals can use either of the two. Generac 6565 offers even higher water pressure at 4200 PSI. Although Pressure Pro E4040HC is a bit more expensive, the components are made from known brands and are thus more durable. If you need no-questions-asked power from your pressure washer, then these two are a top value among the gas powered pressure washers.