PowerStroke manufactures all kinds of pressure washers with engines from big names like Honda, Subaru or OHV. Today, however, we’re going to analyze the PowerStroke PS80931 gas pressure washer that relies on a Briggs & Stratton Engine. If you’ve been with us for a while, you’ve seen us reviewing cool machines with the Briggs & Stratton label. You must also be aware that this is a big name in the field of engine technology, hence our curiosity.
PowerStroke PS80931 is one of those popular gas units with a just as popular engine. USA made, with an intriguing price – we couldn’t help but have a look at what it has to offer.
Pressure (PSI) - 80%
Flow Rate (GPM) - 75%
Power - 78%
Brand - 80%
Customers Reviews - 76%
Easy to use pressure washer and good for any kind of surfaces.
PowerStroke PS80931 engine
We’ve already showcased the best from the very beginning, which is this 191cc Briggs & Stratton engine. What you get from it, however, is a different story as we’re talking about 3100 maximum PSI and 2.5 GPM.
Powered by gas, from a 0.25-gal fuel tank, this unit is ready-made for outdoor cleaning all year-round. And the 7.750 cleaning units certainly recommend it as a powerful gas pressure washer.
Other features of PowerStroke PS80931
All this power must be directed somewhere and that’s what the four precision spray nozzles are for. The PowerStroke PS80931 unit comes with 0, 25, 40-degree nozzles and a separate soap nozzle.
While it has a common automatic detergent injection system, it boasts short and long range soap blaster nozzles. Paired with a 1-gal soap tank, this feature is sure to help remove dirt even from the most challenging places.
The maintenance-free, no-prime pump made from aluminum will also ensure enhanced performances. And for you to tackle all kinds of surfaces and angles, the high-pressure hose is a 25-foot, non-marring model.
In addition to the entire above, PowerStroke PS80931 comes with:
- Recoil starter doubled by On/Off switch, for improved control over the start and stop of the engine;
- Thermal relief valve, a special feature of the pump that prevents the water temperature from reaching a harmful level;
- Extra lock-out protection for the trigger, designed to prevent any kind of unauthorized use.
Assembly and design features
The product package includes, aside from the PowerStroke PS80931 itself:
- A high-pressure hose of 25-feet length;
- A trigger handle and a spray wand;
- The 5-in-1 change over nozzle;
- 4-cycle engine oil, the SAE30 or the SAE 10W30 type;
- A disposable funnel and the handle;
- The operator’s manual.
To get it going, you will need to:
- Install the handle of the unit;
- Assemble the trigger handle;
- Now connect the hose to the trigger handle;
- Connect the hose to the pump;
- Connect your garden hose to the gas pressure washer.
Detailed instructions with graphics and legends are provided in the operator’s manual. In the end, the washer will measure 37 x 20 x 21 inches and weigh 55 pounds. Obviously, the PowerStroke PS80931 isn’t necessarily a light model. Nevertheless, we’ve seen heavier and bulkier models, so this one is doing great.
In addition, it stands on a pair of flat free, 12-inch tread cap wheels, perfect for any kind of terrain. So, whether you find it lightweight or heavy, it shouldn’t be difficult to move it around, even on rugged surfaces.
Speaking of moving it, the standard onboard storage lets you carry the nozzles, the hose and the trigger handle everywhere. No need to try and bring them separately and make any kind of extra effort.
While you operate it, the trigger handle and its special gripping surface offer improved spray wand control and reduce fatigue.
Ease of use and noise
Just to recap, you have a powerful engine sitting on a sleek case. Easy to push on wheels, comfortable to use thanks to the special trigger handle. Without you having to struggle with the hose because of the onboard support. Ease of use is unquestionable with PowerStroke PS80931.
As for the noise level, many would say it’s no louder than a large lawn mower. After all, it’s a Briggs & Stratton engine and you know they’re masters of lawn mower engines.
Pros and cons of this gas pressure washer
From where we stand, the benefits of choosing a PowerStroke PS80931 derive from the reliable Briggs & Stratton engine. The fact that it’s a gas pressure washer also helps, though it’s not necessarily always a great thing:
- It is a powerful unit with an impressive output of cleaning units;
- It is designed with ease of use and comfort in mind;
- This is made in the USA and any warranty issues can be solved easier and faster;
- It can tackle all kinds of surfaces and serve all kinds of outdoor cleaning tasks.
As downsides, however, PowerStroke PS80931:
- Has no electric start, only pull start;
- Has no spark arrestor (in some areas it is illegal to run an engine without spark arrestor) – for getting one you would have to contact the customer service;
- Requires all kinds of maintenance tasks due to the gas functioning principles – engine and pump lubrication, draining oil and gas etc;
- The price is somewhat hefty.
PowerStroke PS80931 warranty terms
Given the fact that PowerStroke PS80931 comes with a Briggs & Stratton engine, the warranty is split in two. PowerStroke provides a 2-year, non-engine warranty for personal use and a 1-year non-engine warranty for commercial use. The limited engine warranty will very much depend on where you’re buying the product from. For this reason, you should look up for this information in the operator’s manual or ask the seller about it.
Other than that, the PowerStroke PS80931 gas pressure washer is manufactured in America. Warranty is nontransferable and applies to defects in material and workmanship. In order to claim your warranty, you should always have the proof of purchase at hand.
Chances are you have already appreciated everything that you’ve read so far. PowerStroke PS80931 is, indeed, a powerful and reliable pressure washer. Were you looking for a gas model, not an electric one? Then the only thing that could make you still ponder the decision is probably the price. We have to admit, this is totally worth the money. So, if you can ever get a discount on it – as sellers do on numerous occasions – take advantage of it!