German technology from one of the leading manufacturers, with more than 75 years on the market. A great ad that the Karcher G 2700 washer benefits from the start. And then, suffices to take a good look at it… You will want to know more about this particular gas power washer from the Karcher line.
They say it’s one of the best pressure washers from the world’s best-selling brand. Nevertheless, we know better than taking the manufacturer’s word for it. Here is what we found out through our own Karcher G washer review:
Pressure (PSI) - 77%
Flow Rate (GPM) - 75%
Power - 79%
Brand - 80%
Customers Reviews - 80%
Karcher G is an effective power washer with a good warranty
The Karcher G 2700 washer engine
It’s called a performance-driven gas power washer, so we first into its source of power. In a nutshell, we’re talking about a 4-cycle Karcher KPS engine with a volume of 196cc that:
- Works with unleaded gas, preferably of at least 87 octanes, and SAE 10W-30 engine oil;
- Has a .26gallon fuel tank and a 20fl oz oil tank;
- Generates 2700 PSI water pressure and 2.5 GPM of water flow.
Other features of the Karcher G washer
The engine of the Karcher G 2700 washer works with an axial cam pump with aluminum head. The unit features 5 Pro-style quick connect nozzles (0°, 15°, 25°, 45°, 65°/detergent). According to the manufacturer, it uses with up to 80% less water than a regular garden hose.
Other particularities of the model relate to:
- Zinc alloy water inlet;
- Zinc plated spray wand with QC nozzle adapter;
- M22 threaded water outlet and trigger gun;
- 25-foot PVC high pressure hose;
- 8-inch pneumatic tires.
As per the user manual’s instructions, a Karcher G 2700 washer comes with 3 minimum requirements for optimal functionality:
- A garden hose of at least 5/8-inch diameter;
- A flow rate of at least 2.4GPM, which is the equivalent of filling a 5-gallon container in one minute;
- Only clean, cold water, with a maximum temperature of 122°
The same manual will warn you that the unit comes with no oil in the crankcase. Consequently, oil should be added before starting the engine. The first oil should be changed after only 5 hours and, following this initial change, every 50 hours.
Karcher G washer design features
The small, sturdy, but compact design is one of the greatest attributes of this model. The Karcher G 2700 washer measures only 23.6 x 21.6 x 39.4 inches and weighs 48.5 pounds. Considering the latter, it is definitely one of the lightest gas power washer models from Karcher.
The assembly requires 3 simple steps described in the user manual:
- Install the two wheels to the main frame of the unit;
- Attach the gun and the hose hooks to the unit’s handle;
- Check oil level with the dedicated dipstick –should be up to ¾ for the unit to be ready for work.
The operating instructions require 5 simple steps:
- Connect the garden hose to the unit, through the threaded connector;
- Connect the spray gun and the pressure hose;
- Turn on the water source;
- Start the Engine;
- Start the cleaning by holding the wand tip at 6-8 inches from the cleaning surface, preferably at 45°.
You won’t have to wait until you put the Karcher G 2700 washer pieces together before noticing the other design elements:
- Practical and balanced vertical orientation of the motor-pump couple;
- Welded steel frame;
- Folding handle for compact storage;
- Upright design with small storage footprint;
- Commercial-grade trigger gun with child safety lock for the spray wand;
- Onboard accessory storage and onboard detergent tank.
Ease of use
The Karcher G 2700 washer is easy to assemble, easy to start, and easy to maneuver. For those on their first experience with a gas power washer, the user manual should help. It provides a series of straightforward use, maintenance, and troubleshooting instructions. And it comes with cleaning tips and recommendations, for various surfaces – deck, cars and boats, house siding, patio furniture etc.
Karcher G washer customer reviews
Most buyers are more than happy with their brand new Karcher G 2700 washer. The general feeling is that it starts easily, with only one pull and it is very sturdy and well-built. Operates well on any kind of surface and it is easy to use, many women being particularly happy with it. The fact that anyone can put it together and get it going in a couple of minutes is highly appreciated.
Some buyers were pleased with the user manual while others stated they wish some information were more clearly presented. But this is a matter of interpretation and often relating to the tech knowledge of that person.
One source of discontent particularly relates to the oil of this gas power washer. Some users would have also appreciated being provided with it. The unit doesn’t come with oil, for safety reasons, but you cannot start the engine before you add it. So, it can be frustrating put it together and not be able to start it before getting your own oil.
And another complaint has to do with both the user manual and, again, the oil. It seems that the oil level indicator from the user manual is incorrect. The people who filled the tank up to ¾, as suggested, had problems with the unit. Filling it only to the second line in dipstick was reported as a safer option.
Other than that, there are also isolated complaints about the unit being shipped with different faults. Mostly mishandled units physically compromised during transport, or units that didn’t start at all. For the latter category, contacting the customer support for replacement solved the problem.
Pros and cons of this gas power washer
The reasons for choosing a Karcher G 2700 washer are more than obvious, but they can all sum up to:
- Effective and various spray patterns, suitable for all kinds of cleaning tasks around a house;
- Small and light, sitting on pneumatic tires that let you easily maneuver it however you need;
- Upright and foldable design, with a small footprint, which makes for convenient storage;
- Comes with a tempting warranty for both engine and pump;
- Works with unleaded gas, therefore getting it ready for work is much easier.
As for the downsides, we can only mention that the Karcher G 2700 washer:
- Doesn’t work with hot water;
- Requires using a water filter just to make sure you’re putting the best quality water in it;
- The user manual could be much clearer on some occasions.
Warranty terms for the Karcher G 2700 washer
Engine and pump are the most important (and expensive) parts of any gas power washer. Consequently, the manufacturer protected these two with a:
- 3-year limited warranty for the engine
- 2-year warranty for the axial cam pump
The specific warranty will also apply to:
- Structural components (frames, handles etc.) – 1 year for parts and labor defects;
- Attachments, consumables, standard accessories – 90 days for materials and workmanship defects only.
The warranty will not apply to:
- Units initially sold as used or reconditioned;
- Damages occurred due to accident, improper handling, misuse, normal wear and tear;
- Damages caused by the water’s quality – Kacher specifically asks its customers to use a water filter with this unit;
- Any damages occurred while using accessories not approved or distributed by Karcher;
- Units previously repaired by the end user or taken to a service that hasn’t been authorized by Karcher.
Using this unit for commercial or industrial equipment, as well as renting it will reduce the warranty to 90 days!
When in trouble, visit the karcher-help.com or the karcher-service.com for detailed information regarding the closest authorized service. As expected, a copy of the original purchase receipt will be necessary when claiming the warranty.
The obvious conclusion following the entire above is that the Karcher G 2700 washer is definitely a solid option. Compact and robust, suitable for general household jobs, and easy to use. It comes with reassuring warranties for both the engine and the pump. And the acquisition price looks fair for the value it provides. What is it not to like about this gas power washer?