Generac SpeedWash 7122 is the type of gas pressure washer that promises to clean smarter and up to 50% faster. You must have read our previous Generac reviews, which means you’re curious – faster than what model? And your intuition is right, this unit was conceived as an upgrade of the 6882 model.
From a distance, it looks like Generac SpeedWash 7122 got a new, turbo broom – otherwise, they look strikingly similar. But a closer analysis will show some significant improvements. From the extra PSI and GPM performances to the new pump, they all portray the price difference as more than justified. Let us show you what makes this gas pressure washer handle any cleaning chore 50% faster, just like promised.
Pressure (PSI) - 82%
Flow Rate (GPM) - 78%
Power - 78%
Brand - 85%
Customers Reviews - 82%
Generac SpeedWash 7122 already stands as one of the best gas pressure washers with good PSI, GPM, durability, efficiency, and warranty.
Generac SpeedWash 7122 engine
As expected, Generac used the best of its in-house components to equip this unit. You’ll find it powered by a Generac OHV engine at 196cc, a gas-powered engine with manual choke/primer. As you probably know, the pull start and the horizontal shaft design are quite standard for optimal pressure washing. The Generac SpeedWash 7122 has a 3.2qt fuel tank and a 16oz oil tank, working with 10W-30/SAE 30 oil.
A 50 state CARB approved gas pressure washer, it features a cleaning power that many would label as best-in-class. Sure, it’s not the engine alone that delivers such performances. The pump design and the cleaning attachments keep up with it. As a result, Generac SpeedWash 7122 outputs a water pressure of 3200 PSI at a flow of 2.7 GPM. And all this is far from everything you should know about it!
Other features of Generac SpeedWash 7122
We’d like to continue with the pump – the engine-pump pair sets the performance standards in any gas pressure washer. We already mentioned that this model comes with an upgraded model. Instead of the old, aluminum pump, you get a brass head, high quality axial cam pump, twice more resistant. The design is also welcomed, as its hose connections sit in an accessible position – quick attaching and detaching of any hose, without anyone having to scrape their knuckles on the ground while doing so.
In addition, Generac SpeedWash 7122 has a 20-inch lance Power Dial ergonomic spray gun. The knob controller allows you to easily switch between four different cleaning tasks: car, wood, concrete, soap. The gun works in tandem with a 30-feet high pressure flex hose, a non-marring, kink resistant model. And the unit features 4 quick-change nozzle tips for 0 Degree, 25 Degree, 40 Degree and soap.
But what probably stands out the most, when you look at this Generac SpeedWash 7122, is the kit of attachments:
- A turbo nozzle tip – supposed to remove dirt and grime about 30% more rapidly than any standard nozzle;
- A power broom – with a 12-inch coverage surface and high-pressure nozzles that are supposed to clean 4x faster than any standard nozzle;
- A soap blaster – it is supposed to spray the soap 3x farther than other soap nozzles.
Generac SpeedWash 7122 design features
The design features of Generac SpeedWash 7122 are visible the moment you start to unwrap it. Putting the pieces together will involve a minimal assembly. The upper section of the handlebars must be attached, the gun holder connects to the unit, and the lance connects to the main gun. Within 15 minutes, the 35.5 x 18.9 x 24.2-inches and 62 pounds gas pressure washer is ready for work. Add oil and gas and start pushing it on the 1.75″ x 10″ never-flat wheels.
The overall design shows a steel frame and a vertical, stable displacement of the engine and the pump. The onboard support holds both the cord and the hose. The latter, as mentioned, is a high-pressure flex hose, made of polyurethane. It comes with the main advantages of being soft and pliable, very easy to wrap and more resistant in time.
Among the ergonomic features of the Generac SpeedWash 7122 we should mention:
- Easy operation – cushioned grip and index finger pull trigger;
- User friendly controls that include even fuel shut-off and choke controller, the On/Off type;
- Large fuel tank, easy to fill and requiring fewer fill-ups.
Ease of use
For this section, suffices to revise the previous observations regarding the Generac SpeedWash 7122 technical and design features:
- All those user-friendly controls displayed in a single location make its operation easy and intuitive.
- The never-flat wheels contribute to an easy transportation on any kind of terrain, rugged surfaces or up on the stairs.
- And through it all, the configuration that balances the case over a vertical axle makes it stable and simple to maneuver.
Generac SpeedWash 7122 customer reviews
It doesn’t take much to notice that this gas pressure washer barely gets a negative review every now and then. And from what we’ve heard, it’s usually about a wheel that broke off. Or a power switch that got broke at the first use. As you can see, complaints that may as well depend on how the machine was used. One good observation we’ve encountered, however, is that the Generac SpeedWash 7122 could have used a place to put your foot on the frame. Without an electric start, only with the recoil system, a support point for when you start the motor would be welcomed.
Other than that, people are impressed with its power. They confirm that it does a great work with shortening the cleanup time. And they’re happy that they have bought it. The general opinion is that Generac SpeedWash 7122 is well worth the money.
Pros and cons of this gas pressure washer
Now that we’ve discussed everything except for the warranty, which has its special place at the end of this review, we can draw the line. On the plus side, Generac SpeedWash 7122 is a gas pressure washer that:
- Features user friendly controls, easily accessible as they are all displayed in a single location
- Has reliable and useful never-flat wheels that help you carry it in any direction, on any terrain, without any hiccups;
- Comes with great nozzle tips, with just the right angles and the perfect quick-connect mechanisms;
- Boasts one of the most flexible, durable and praised hoses in the industry;
- Can really handle various surfaces, from sensitive to hard (bricks or cement);
- Gives you a set of highly-effective cleaning accessories for free;
- Has a more than decent warranty;
- Encompasses all kinds of technical and design attributes that would make it stand the test of time;
- It is CARB compliant.
The only things that one might comment about the Generac SpeedWash 7122 regard the fact that:
- The warranty is not transferable;
- There is still room for several design improvements;
- It takes the commitment of knowing how to handle and maintain it, as a gas pressure washer.
Generac SpeedWash 7122 warranty terms
Purchasing a Generac SpeedWash 7122 unit will grant a warranty of three years from the date of the original sale. The policy is not transferable and requires for the buyer to save the proof of purchase receipt. All costs for interventions that require shipping the gas pressure washer to an authorized service will be covered by the owner. And any detail on how to proceed with claiming the warranty can be obtained through one call at 888-GENERAC (436-3722).
We’ve started the presentation of the Generac SpeedWash 7122 from the premise that it is an upgraded version. As it turned out, this gas pressure washer doesn’t just outrank the previous model. It can easily outrival any other model in its class, currently on the market. The three-year warranty is encouraging. And the name of Generac itself enjoys enough notoriety for buyers not to have to overthink this decision. We strongly believe that this model stands to the best-in-class title with ease!