If you’re trying to get a Ford pressure washer, there are three choices that you definitely have to look at. Today, it’s all about Ford FPWG3100H-J gas pressure washer, the big brother. It’s the most powerful you can have since the other gas model, Ford FPWG2700H-J, comes with lower performances. As for the electric model, the Ford FPWEF2.1, we So let’s focus on what matters most, the flagship in this 3-models series.
Pressure (PSI) - 80%
Flow Rate (GPM) - 75%
Power - 80%
Brand - 85%
Customers Reviews - 92%
Ford FPWG3100H-J is a good choice even for small commercial jobs.
Ford FPWG3100H-J engine
As suggested, Ford FPWG3100H-J is a more powerful gas pressure washer than the 2700H-J model. The manufacturer describes this motor as an “EPA, CARB and CSA approved, four-stroke, extended-life, horizontal shaft gasoline engine”. If we add the OHV branded, 212cc that outputs 7.0HP from its 3.3-quart fuel tank, we almost said it all.
But on top of all that, it has an Annovi Reverberi brass-head axial cam high-pressure pump with three pistons, generating:
- 3100 maximum PSI;
- 5 GPM rated flow;
- 750 cleaning units.
That’s precisely the same output as with our previously reviewed PowerStroke PS80931, the one with Briggs & Stratton engine!
Other features of Ford FPWG3100H-J
Now that we’ve covered the essentials of the Ford FPWG3100H-J, we can stop and mention all the other tech details:
- Four quick-connect spray nozzles, soap nozzle, and turbo nozzle;
- Onboard soap tank;
- Dual-mix control reservoirs;
- 30-feet braided high-pressure hose;
- 20-inch stainless steel wand;
Ford FPWG3100H-J design features
For a gas pressure washer with such performances, you’d expect the Ford FPWG3100H-J to be a monster. Nevertheless, it has quite an elegant design, measuring 19.7 x 25.25 x 25.6 inches. After all, it’s the 70.5-pound weight that indicates its caliber. But don’t let yourself fooled by the numbers, this is not a hard to handle, even harder to store unit.
Suffices to look at all its design features and you’ll understand how carefully planned is the Ford FPWG3100H-J:
- Padded, foldable EZ grip handle;
- Onboard storage area for the high-pressure hose;
- Special storage grid for the five dispersion tips;
- 10-inch no-flat, foam-filled compression tires;
- Energy absorbing balance feet;
- Stainless steel wand and powder coat, steel frame;
- Metal garden hose interconnected right on the back.
Ease of use and noise
The Ford FPWG3100H-J design features recommend it as a very ergonomic and easy to use gas pressure washer. The compression tires are great on any terrain and the padded handle is soft with your hands. Moreover, the balance feet absorb the energy and contribute to reducing the vibration and noise level.
Ford FPWG3100H-J customer reviews
Given the Ford popularity and the fact that Ford FPWG3100H-J is pretty powerful, many people have chosen this particular product. All those design features and tech capabilities that we previously described seem to match up with the expectations, indeed.
That’s why most of our readers appreciate all those small details that make a big difference. Like the rubber body and foam inside of the no-flat tires, a pleasure to push your pressure washer on them. Or the rubber that tightly fits the spray heads and prevents them from losing and falling all the time. The fact that it perfectly sits on the ground, despite the often-mentioned high power and vibration that it produces.
One common conclusion out there is that engine and pump quality are the best you can get in this price class. The unit works well and always starts on the first pull. And the turbo tip seems to do an impressive job even on limestone.
People are more than happy with it and it’s really difficult to find negative reviews on the Ford FPWG3100H-J. Some voices claim that a bigger fuel tank would have been appreciated. But that’s probably for those with really large areas to cover. Others say that they had some shipping problems and they were unhappy with what they received. But even those ones agreed they had a great interaction with the customer support for fixing it.
Pros and cons of this gas pressure washer
As if the entire above wouldn’t make a great case for the Ford FPWG3100H-J, let’s recap the pros and cons.
On the plus side, this gas pressure washer is:
- Easy to handle while functioning – thanks to the padded handle and foam-filled tires;
- Even easier to store – due to the foldable handle, which isn’t something we see with many models;
- Intuitive to use – with a dedicated manual, a thorough legend, dispersion tips storage grid etc;
- Great for covering large surfaces – even the fuel tank is large enough to let you clean without worrying about refills;
- Highly durable – thanks to the stainless steel from its structure and the brass quick connectors;
- Challenging for the tech savvy persons, as it involves controlling the chemical mix in its dual chemical tank;
- Powerful enough to handle all kinds of cleaning tasks around the house, light commercial jobs included;
- CARB compliant and, therefore, more environment-friendly;
- A great choice for the quality and the price you can get on it.
As for the downsides, however, Ford FPWG3100H-J:
- Requires special maintenance and extra work to use it and keep it under the best circumstances;
- Will always have you work with gas and oil which you are supposed to drain out on storage;
- It is, just like the other models in the series, manufactured in China.
Ford FPWG3100H-J warranty terms
This unit comes with a two-year limited warranty. The first year will cover the parts and the labor while the second year will only cover the parts. All this will, of course, apply to residential use, as commercial or rental use only benefit from a 30-day warranty.
As with any other gas pressure washer, misuse, improper maintenance or inadequate repairs will void the warranty.
We don’t often find a pressure washer like this Ford FPWG3100H-J. We called it the big brother from the beginning and nothing changed up until the end. The power of this unit and the results that our readers already reported having with it make it a blast. And when you think that it’s not even overpriced, so what you get is totally worth every penny… There’s really no reason we can think of for not buying this great tool!